We depart from Punta Bandera (Flag Point) Port at 8:30 am, ferrying on the northern arm of Lake Argentino up to the last permitted point of navigation on the Upsala Channel, where stunning views of the Upsala Glacier await.
After disembarking at Estancia Cristina, the group signed up for this trek will be assigned a FWD vehicle with a specialized guide. Our ride will take us in ascent along the Feruglio cordon for 9.5 km where we will leave our vehicle. From there we will walk to the Upsala Glacier Lookout Point, which features stunning views of Lake Guillermo, the imposing Upsala Glacier’s eastern front and the South Patagonian Continental Ice Field.
From there we will begin a 14km trekking over Fossil Canyon, an area with a great concentration of unique marine fossils, geological treasures left uncovered after the passage of the oceans long ago. This trek is a gradual downhill climb. During the journey there will be a break for lunch (optional) and then walk down to Estancia Valley and to the boarding pier.
- Minimum age: 12 years.
- Due to the physical requirements and difficulty of the terrain, this hike is only suitable for people in good physical condition.
- Not recommended for people with back, hip, ankle or knee problems.
- Once the hike begins, the only way to return to the Estancia is on foot.
- We highly recommend appropriate shoes, preferably boots with ankle protection.
.Packed lunch service:
- Multi-cereal bread sandwich (2 units): chicken, smoked pork loin, Tybo cheese, sweet onions, fresh greens and herb dressing; cookie with seeds & dried salted fruits; brownie; apple; cereal bar; mineral water (750cc).
- Please indicate if you have any food allergies or restrictions. Menu options for gluten intolerance (celiacs) and Vegetarians are available.
- Available only for the Trekking program.
- Meal cost (per person): US$20
.Transfer to Punta Banderas Port
The excursion begins at Punta Banderas Port, located 47 kms from the city of Calafate. Estancia Cristina offers a private transfer service to the Port (US$30 per person) or otherwise guests can organize their own transfers ¿Directions?
Additional Charges: As required by National Parks Services regulations, the cost of the Entrance Fee to the “Los Glaciares” National Park will be automatically added to the ticket value of the activity.COST: USD250
- 7:00 am – Estancia Cristina’s private transfer begins its tour from El Calafate hotels to Punta Banderas Port
- 8:15 am – boarding at Estancia Cristina pier
- 8:30 am – navigation begins up North Arm to the Upsala Channel and finally to Cristina Channel
- 11:30 am – arrival at Estancia Cristina (duration of the excursion: 6hs)
- 5:30 pm – departure from Estancia Cristina
- 7:30 pm – arrival at Punta Banderas Port
- 8:30 pm – arrival at El Calafate hotels